What's new

HDTV set up need new OTA antenna N VA area (1 Viewer)

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
After two weeks of dealing with the stupid oval dish and rain and just getting really frustrated I now have my Direct TV HDTV box set up. I have one round dish pointing at 101 and one round dish pointing at 119. The people at direct TV do not think this will work and gave me a hard time but I have it working with 96% signal on the 101 and 90% on the 119. My dilemma is that when I first had the dish installed 4 years ago the person we hired never came back. He hooked up my satellite and roof antenna and one TV and then never was to be seen or heard from again. I finished the other 3 sets myself
Well I went to hook up the regular OTA antenna to my new mits box and I was getting terrible reception. I looked at the connector on the ground and it didn't look secure so I snipped the wire to install another RG 6 end on it only to find out the wire is much smaller then RG6 and looks smaller then RG59.
Sorry this is long Does any one have any suggestions. I don't want to climb on my roof hook up a new wire and find out my antenna is still not adequate. are there specific HDTV antennas or boosters?

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, you did not mention what antenna you have on the roof.
I live in Ashburn - much farther from trasnmitters than you; with a Dish 6000, RatShack second largest antenna in my attic, pointing somewhere into east direction :) I am getting good reception.
Last time I heard Fairfax Antenna charge around 200-300 for setting fixing setups like yours. Might be worthy to give them a call and save yourself some pain....
_zjt

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I called Davis antenna today. They are coming wed. I bought one of those stick antennas from rat shack and put it in my attic but it looks worse then the antennas. I have no idea what type of antenna is on the roof All I know is its up there my wife is out of town and I would love to change the wires on it but I'm scared I would slip off the roof which is 3 stories on that side and my kids wouldn't know what to do
frown.gif
Is there a special HDTV antenna? Or a specific antenna that gets a better HDTV broadcast?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks