What's new

HDTV Set-top box trouble (1 Viewer)

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Hello everyone. The reason for this post is so to inform anyone that doesn't know about these problems, and at the same time, question people who have these problems, or knows someone who has these problems or not. Here goes:
I recently read in my Stereophile Guide to Home Theater magazine that the Sony SAT-HD100 had quite a few problems with this unit. One of the problems being that the internal fan is so loud that it is unbearable to enjoy programs. Also, they stated that the Panasonic prevented the user to watch a program, even though the protection feature in it's current form it not available (5C) Copy protection. The Panasonic stated on a pop-up screen message that to view this program, you basically had to switch from HD to NTSC to view the program.
I guess for me this comes at a good time, since I was planning to purchase one of either of these units.
If you subscribe to this magazine and have read the articles containing the problems with these units, it makes for quite an interesting reading. This particular edition is not available online just yet, so you would have to get the hardcopy version in your local bookstore or Stereo store that sells this periodical. For those of you who have one of these units please respond and let us know how things are coming along with your investment.
I hope that this doesn't effect pretty much everyone out there, but if it does, let's make the manufacturers pay to correct the situation, because I'm not forking over $700 to $1,000 for junk!

MikeM

Screenwriter
Just to throw out my opinion here, I have the SAT-HD100, and my fan is quiet, very quiet. (It is absolutely stupid that the fan is on ALL the time...even when the unit is off.) But again, this is not a drawback for me at all since it has a quiet fan.
Maybe I'm just a lucky one, but my HD-100 is very nice.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks