What's new

HDTV Question! (1 Viewer)

AlClarkJr

Stunt Coordinator
Could someone please answer this question for me. I know the 1080i signal can only be transfered via component,dvi,vga,and firewire. I watched HDNET via s-video and it looked beautiful(Daytona Spring Break). Once I hook up component cables will it be that much better?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
If you were watching Spring Break footage, it would probably look good via an RF connection!

BGL

AlClarkJr

Stunt Coordinator
You're right Brian!!!lol Is it the way HDNET shoots their material that makes it all look good though? Sports, Landscapes, Animals etc. They all look good. I can't wait to hook up component cables and see true 1080i !!!!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Al,
The vast majority of the stuff on HDNet is HD-video originated rather than film-based, so you see no film grain or other film related flaws. It's consistently eye candy, even downconverted to 480i and sent to the set with S-video. HDNet also has excellent "quality control" as far as making sure the pic is as good as it can get.

If you get HBOHD or Showtime HD you will get an excellent picture on movies, but every bit of film grain and such will be faithfully rendered, making it very good as far as duplicating the theatrical experience but it's not as pretty as video based HD. I once caught a bit of an HD- video produced concert on HBO-HD, and it was as pretty as HDNet.

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Al,

>>I watched HDNET via s-video and it looked beautiful(Daytona Spring Break). Once I hook up component cables will it be that much better?

I saw part of that show via component cables and some it was really dazzling. I'm not even talking about the bikini contest either. LOL

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks