HDTV Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ellis, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Ellis

Ellis Auditioning

I have the RCA with the HDTV decoder built into the TV. I used to have Directv but I now have Adelphia cable service which does not brodcast in HDTV at all. Duh. Most dont. But, what I need to know is this....

If CBS broadcasts a program in HDTV, does Adelphia have to carry that feed through to me to be able to get it in HDTV?

If they don't carry the feed, how can I get HDTV on my TV?

Do I have to buy a converter even though I have the decoder?

And finally, do I have to use the RGB connectors if I want to get it in HDTV or can I just connect the cable to the back of my TV?

Thanks for any help I can get.

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Actually most cable companies are beginning to carry HD channels now..Adelphia is just hopelessly behind the 8 ball..
    If you live close enough to the broadcast towers you can get your local channels over the air..Just put an antenna on your roof or attic..
    Most of us with satellite have to do that since satellite does not carry the local HD channels..

3. Mike Janke

Mike Janke Auditioning

I have Comcast near Philly and you can get a Digital Cable box with HDTV. Its something like $11/month on top of the Digital Cable cost. So far the options in HD are ABC, NBC, PBS, HBO, and Showtime. Its too much $$ for only a few channels. If they added FOX and CBS along with ESPN HD when that lauches then it would be much more attractive.