What's new

HDTV Premium HD Channels on Dish and/or DirecTV (1 Viewer)

James D. Robbins

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Robbins
I am trying to determine which DBS service to go with, and which hardware to buy. And, as far as my wife is concerned, she wants whatever will be the cheapest monthly fee. So, it seems that if I get DirecTV, I can only get HD HBO and a demo channel. Or, if I go for Dishnetwork, I can get HD HBO, HD Showtime, and a demo channel. Of course, the more HD channels there are, the more inclined I am to go with that service. Now, to the questions:
If I am using Dishnetwork, with the extra dish point to the third sat, will the HD HBO and HD Showtime come in for free, or do I need to subscribe to the entire set of premium channels. I thought I read a while back that the HD channels are all available without paying extra.
Also, do you know if there is a way to pay for JUST the HD channels and not the whole packages if the above is not true? (for either service?)
Thanks!
------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James D. Robbins
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eram Syed

Grip
With Dish you may also be able to get CBS in HD if you qualify for locals.
You have to buy the HBO and SHowtime movie packages to get the HD feeds. THe HD demo feed is free.
------------------
Eram
---------------------
TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish 6000 + 8VSB, PVR 501, Dish 301, Receiver=Marantz SR5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Dish also has a full time HD ppv channel...Dish currently is the clear leader when it comes to providing HD content...
------------------

Paul Dyar

Auditioning
I have a question about the CBS feed. Do you have to qualify for the regular locals, i.e, live too far to get an over the air signal or can it be if your local CBS affiliate is not broadcasting in HD you can qualify? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks