What's new

HDTV owners please help!!! (1 Viewer)

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
I am finally going to upgrade from my 32in Wega to an HDTV.
I am going to different stores today to view different sets. I have a budget of around 3000.00, and I dont really want to go above the 55 inches. It needs to be a widescreen, and If there is one you can recommend for less, then I can get a progressive scan player as well. Stores in my area are a local hifi place, Sears (might use because of the internet price matching if its still avalible), BestBuy, and Circuit City. Which sets should I look for? What kind of progressive scan player should look at as well? Any help would be great, and thanks for your time.
Thanks again, Fred
Also, I watch about 50% movies, and 50% Direct TV.
[Edited last by Fred DeGrandis on July 17, 2001 at 02:54 AM]

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
If you want to go with a direct-view set, then may I suggest the Sampo SME-34WHD5? It may be hard to find at a store. But maybe a High-end HT store or a place like Fry's would have one. It can easily be found over the Internet. Deal Mountain has it for around $2300. If you go to the AVS Forum and do a search (HDTV Hardware)you will find a # of recommendations.

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
No one has it in stock yet but how about the new Toshiba 50H81 and a Panasonic RP91. You should be able to get them both for close to $3000.
Ryan
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks