What's new

HDTV or Front Projector (1 Viewer)

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

I haven't looked, but at the top of the forum page is there a forum sponsor who sells screens? That would be a good place to start.

If not, I know that AVSForum does sell screens. I got mine (Da-Lite) there, and have been very happy with it. The price was very competitive.

Matt

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

I haven't looked, but at the top of the forum page is there a forum sponsor who sells screens? That would be a good place to start.

If not, I know that AVSForum does sell screens. I got mine (Da-Lite) there, and have been very happy with it. The price was very competitive.

Matt

Daman

Second Unit
Great! Thanks Matthew, ill check em out. Should i go for a widescreen or normal screen with the projector? I would be using it mainly for watching movies only.

Daman

Second Unit
Great! Thanks Matthew, ill check em out. Should i go for a widescreen or normal screen with the projector? I would be using it mainly for watching movies only.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
The Screenplay 4800 is completely, 100% identical to the X1, except for a little different firmware, and a different remote.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
The Screenplay 4800 is completely, 100% identical to the X1, except for a little different firmware, and a different remote.

Daman

Second Unit
Yes Dave the 4800 is similar to X1 as you mentioned but 4805 seems to be considerably different than the X1 it seems..

Daman

Second Unit
Yes Dave the 4800 is similar to X1 as you mentioned but 4805 seems to be considerably different than the X1 it seems..

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the 4805 is widescreen, 4x color wheel, real component inputs. The X1 is 4:3, 2x wheel, and you need an adapter to run 480i component, and another VGA adapter to run 480p or higher into it.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the 4805 is widescreen, 4x color wheel, real component inputs. The X1 is 4:3, 2x wheel, and you need an adapter to run 480i component, and another VGA adapter to run 480p or higher into it.

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

If you're going to watch mainly movies that are widescreen (after about 1952), then I'd probably choose a 16:9 or 1.85:1 screen.

If you get a 16:9 projector, and you want to maybe later get an anamorphic lens, you could even get a 2.35:1 screen and use side curtain masking, but that would be pretty complex. It really depends on how extravagant you want to get.

Also, if you're going to buy from circuit city, I think you can get it from circuit city through ebates and get roughly an additional $20 rebate.

Matt

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

If you're going to watch mainly movies that are widescreen (after about 1952), then I'd probably choose a 16:9 or 1.85:1 screen.

If you get a 16:9 projector, and you want to maybe later get an anamorphic lens, you could even get a 2.35:1 screen and use side curtain masking, but that would be pretty complex. It really depends on how extravagant you want to get.

Also, if you're going to buy from circuit city, I think you can get it from circuit city through ebates and get roughly an additional $20 rebate.

Matt

Daman

Second Unit
Hey Matt!!
Thanks for the tip, i went to the ebates website and saw their 2% off link for circuit city but couldnt understand how it works, when i click on the link it just takes me to the CC website.. dont see how the 2% off works?? Can you help me here?

Daman

Second Unit
Hey Matt!!
Thanks for the tip, i went to the ebates website and saw their 2% off link for circuit city but couldnt understand how it works, when i click on the link it just takes me to the CC website.. dont see how the 2% off works?? Can you help me here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks