HDTV is in the house!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Page, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Scott Page

Scott Page Stunt Coordinator

My free Samsumg SIR-T150 (traded a guy for an unused CD player) arrived via fed-x on Friday. Hooked it up; had a little bit of trouble with getting sound, but an hour latter had DTV going. An hour after that, the first HDTV program showed up. The Olympics of course, broadcast from right here in my home town of SLC. What a show. I've never seen TV look better. My Mits 65" widescreen looked fantastic as I watched that fantastic show. Can't wait to see some other programs.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Congratulations, Scott! Now there's no goin' back, eh?

3. Mark_HD

Mark_HD Extra

... i'm 2 weeks in and couldn't agree more Scott! i'm lovin my Mits 55859 integrated hdtv. lookin forward to re-watching the opening ceremonies today!

no going back!

4. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

Wait a minute. The HDTV broadcast of the Olimpics didn't start until today at 3:00 PM ET. If you were watching live last night, you were watching the standard broadcast on the DTV channel, but not in HDTV. If you thought last night looked good, tune to your local NBC digital channel today and you'll wet your pants!

5. Scott Page

Vic,

It was in HDTV at least here in SLC. I saw the rebroadcast in SD DTV today, so the difference was obvious.

6. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

It is not possible. The HDTV coverage for the entire country did not start until today on all NBC-DT stations and HDNet.

7. Scott Page

Ric,

you are right. The SD broadcast looked very very good lastnight, maybe I got it before compression and transmission since I got direct from the local station providing the equipment and facilities to NBC. It looked a lot better than the other digital stations so I assumed that it was HD. But the HD rebroadcast does look better.

8. Mark_HD

Mark_HD Extra

nothing like watching the opening ceremonies for the 3rd time ... (no ski jumping due to wind) ... this delayed broadcast is an absolute shame. especially w/ all the HDTV promoting going on the last couple of months ... oh well, back to standard cable broadcast. some day the networks will figure out how to 'delight customers' ...