HDTV is finally coming to Tulsa!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelley_B, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Feb 27, 2001
    Just had to share in my joy that the local CBS station announced today that they will finally be bringing HDTV to Tulsa, OK starting in May. Hopefully the other stations will follow suite quickly. I was really worried that TBN was going to be the fist HDTV station here in Tulsa, OK but it looks like CBS will beat them, and thank god for that(no pun intended).
  2. Roger_C

Roger_C Stunt Coordinator

Nov 17, 2001
    May is when most of my stations are scheduled as well. Let's hope they make it!
  3. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

Aug 25, 2001
    I live in Houston and i still dont have a HD receiver to hook up to my new Mits. I think we just about have every station HD. Something like 6 staions now and one more in January I believe its UPN thats next.
  4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Jul 6, 1997
    Steve Tannehill
    Kelley, isn't KOTV one of the Belo stations? If that's the case, you may be in for a real treat. The most aggressive HDTV channel in Dallas is WFAA, one of the Belo stations, and they have some great demo material that they show after hours.

If these sister stations share content, get ready to party!

- Steve
  5. John Morris

John Morris Guest

I just spent tonight as a "Family Movie Night" watching the movie on ABC on HD. During Commercials, I flipped to the SEC Championship game on CBS HD. After the movie, we all watched the end of the game. I CANNOT IMAGINE TV WITHOUT HD ANYMORE. Most nights, we just watch what is on HD and RePlayTV the other shows...
    Rik: In LaPorte, you may be closer to the towers than I am and I get almost perfect HD OTA reception of CBS, ABC, NBC and OTA upconverted SD Fox. I still cannot get PBS but I am 52 miles from the towers using an attic mounted antenna. If they start shooting, and then showing, Enterprise on UPN as HD, Wednesday night choices will get even harder than it is now...