HDTV in Toronto with Rogers

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by david stark, Oct 21, 2003.

1. david stark

david stark Second Unit

I've just moved to Toronto (well 6 months ago) and I've finally got around to getting a TV and getting it connected. I didn't realise you had to get a different terminal from Rogers if you want HDTV, so my question is it worth the extra money to get HDTV and what are the HDTV channels in Toronto like (pic quality and programming quality).

Are the films shown in the original aspect ration (this is the thing annoying me most on my current Rogers digital box).

If it matters I have a widescreen HD capable TV (Toshiba 30HF83).

thanks for any info.

2. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

Hi david,
    I just recently got an HD box from Rogers, and while I don't think it's as good as expressvu, I would say it's definately worth the extra $6 per month over the regular digital box.
    I live in London, so can't comment on exactly how it is in Toronto, but pic quality ranges from very good to outstanding on HD channels.
    There's also a pretty decent lineup.
    I'd have gone with the Vu but it's a little bit of a steep startup cost for the outdated HD receiver they are offering right now.

3. david stark

david stark Second Unit

Cheers for the info Mike. I bit the bullet and someones coming round to swap the boxes round and give me some more channels on saturday afternoon. Lets hope the channels are better than the current crop that I have...