HDTV in Seattle Area

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Hakey, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Brian Hakey

Brian Hakey Extra

I am sure this topic has beaten beaten to death, but here it goes anyway. I have a Toshiba 50H81 HDTV and am hoping to figure out a way to get an HDTV signal. I know I will need a HDTV Set Top box, but first I have no idea how to get a signal. I live in an apartment in downtown Tacoma, and I have At&T Digital Cable. I doubt DirecTV will be able to be installed in my apt (I am 4 floors up).
    Is there any way to get a signal OTA? If so, how do you even begin to go about doing that? Thanks, and excuse my ignorance![​IMG]

2. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

Many people have had good luck with the Radio Shack Bow-Tie antenna. I live in Lynnwood and used this same antenna mounted indoors for some time. It is fairly small and picked up the signals fairly well. I eventually went with a roof mounted antenna since I was experiencing signal fluxuations because of the terrain surrounding my house. Since you live on the 4th floor and living in Tacoma you are situated fairly nicely between the towers.
    Of course you could spend the money and end up not being able to receive a proper signal. [​IMG]