HDTV in Dallas??? Need help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yong Chan, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Yong Chan

Yong Chan Stunt Coordinator

I have everything that I need for my HDTV, but I am getting poor reception. I can't get CBS or HDNET. My atennae is in the attic and my homeowner association won't allow one on my roof. I have tried the various Terk indoor antennae solutions, but they suck. Anyone have any idea's how I can optimize my HD signal?
    Thanks for your help[​IMG]

2. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

Forget about the homeowners association. Per FEDERAL law they legally cannot prevent you from putting an antenna on your roof. They can try and bitch and moan but they can't stop you. Here is a link to a case like yours and of course the HA lost [​IMG]
    Look here Dallas Home Theater Group for Dallas area information. Right now the CBS transmitter is down and they are re-broadcasting the CBS signal on UPN which normally carries HDNet. This could be why you are having problems. There are discussions in the forum that explain the schedule and the technical reasons. Also the upconverter for NBC got nuked in a storm and they are waiting to replace it. The forum has several techs from the transmitter sites and TV stations so it is a great place for local info.
    Jeff

3. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

Here is another document that does not contain so much legal stuff. Here is the part actual FCC Regulation that you would be interested in:

4. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Where in Dallas do you live?

5. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I second the suggestion that you check out the Dallas Home Theater Group. The guys on there are really nice and have a lot of experience with HD and the Dallas area. I even bet that if you asked someone would even be willing to come out and help you hook it up. Sometimes I wonder if they (we) should be called the Dallas HDTV Group.
    Chris S.

6. Yong Chan

Yong Chan Stunt Coordinator

Hey thanks for the info...I live in Las Colinas...which explains the snooty homeowner's association.