What's new

HDTV HELP quick!!!! (1 Viewer)

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
Ok my tv just went out and today we have to watch the first UGA game so my question to you is whats one of the best HDTV for < $1000 on the market? The main reason I am asking is because sometimes it says hdtv but is really not or something? I dunno I have not gotten to look into hdtv too much so would you guy please helpo me out? Max size is 36 inches thanks.

p.s.-I need to know as soon as possible :)

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I'll try to cover the basics only here since you are in a hurry.

You have HD sets and HD ready sets. The HD sets have a built in OTA (off-the-air) tuner, the HD ready sets do not.

If you are going to be watching cable or satellite you do not need and OTA tuner, but if you'll be using an antenna, you will. You can always buy a separate OTA tuner and add it to a set that does not have one.

Beware of the EDTV as opposed to HDTV. EDTV had the 16:9 aspect ratio of HDTV but not the added resolution.

I would look at Toshiba's, Sony's, Panasonic and JVC's to name a few brands that offer 36" HD sets.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor

Hi, Will.

I am not familiar with Samsung CRT-based sets, so can't comment there and they don't make a 36" RP DLP(Don't think anyone does)

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
its not DLP its flat tube hdtv. it has 1080i and 720 p so i thought it was pretty good. Also DVI connection but I am not sure if its good or not. Has a good picture though.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Lots of different opinions on what is best in that size and price range. I'd probably opt to go to a 43" CRT RPTV myself. But, only you can really decide what is best, picture quality wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks