HDTV from DTC100 into HS10

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim A, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Jim A

Jim A Auditioning

I was watching some of the pre-game stuff on CBS last night via NYs CBS Digital feed (Channel 56. When I wathced the HD signal via Input 5 the picture did not come in wide screen. However, when I watched CBS primteime on Friday night it was widescreen.
    How was the stuff broadcasst last night? Why was I only getting a 4:3 image (it was surronded on all 4 sides by black bars)?
    Any help?
    How do I set the DTC100 up (in the setup menu - I have 16:9 selected and normal). On the TV I have Video 5 setup for 16:9???
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. TerryBlauser

TerryBlauser Auditioning

Video5 is always setup to put the image into a 16:9 area. If the signal contains a 4:3 image you will see black bars all around. Usually if I want to watch such material I will switch to a full 4:3 display via one of the other video inputs. I do this to hedge my bet that I have the display tweaked so that it won't burn-in any partial screen fill shape. If you have the latest software download to the DTC you can use your remote right arrow "forward" to cycle the DTC out to stretch the 4:3 to fill the 16:9 but you will lose some content top and bottom. Irritating for bottom sports banners and such.

3. Jim A

Jim A Auditioning

Thanks Terry..everything was fine for the SUper Bowl..thanks for the explanation.