HDTV from Cox in Ls Vegas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Morgan, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan Stunt Coordinator

I called Cox today and was told I could get channel 8 in HDTV with the digital cable box I already have. I do not think so [​IMG] The good news is that my A/V dealer said that they will be selling a cable box in August/October time frame that will get HDTV from the cable for my WS-65907. I like the Cox cable, but I wish that they could/would give out more info about their product. I can get DD5.1 on about six or eight channels, but when you call them they can not tell me which ones. That is if they know what 5.1 sound is. I know 200, 210, 240, 260, and 300 will give me 5.1 if the movie is new enough. I think 241, 243, and 250 will also but I am trusting my memory which is not always a good bet. [​IMG]
    Here is the difference in service I got. Cable company was called, I was told the wrong info. I told her that this does not work. She said it does. I asked to talk to someone technical. She said she was a technical person.
    I called the dealer I bought my Mits from. I told her what I was told by the cable company. She said she did not think so. She asked me how I would pick the hdtv feed with my digital cable box? I said I do not think I can. She said I have it on here with a dish and can get 8, 10, 13(local ota). She said let me check about the cable TV system. She called me back! She said she had the owner call the cable company higher ups to confirm that in August/October they will sell a box for digital cable hdtv which will work on Cox cable. Only two places in town will sell the box. Abbott's Audio Video and Ultimate Electronics. I may not always get that killer online price at my local dealer but with the service I get ( the Mits delivery and setup was great) I feel it is well worth it. Valerie and Bethany are just so very helpful. It is kinda sad that I have to call the TV dealer to get the cable TV info., but at least I have a great dealer.

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I'm in Las Vegas and I have COX digital cable and an HDTV set, and I am definately not getting an HD signal from my cable box. Good grief, they actually told you that?
    I'll believe I can buy a box that will work with cable when I see it. [​IMG]

3. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

Cox in Vegas still can not get the digital system to work right. I will have to pass on this one.

4. Tom Morgan

My digital cable works, Whats wrong with yours Sean?

5. Tom Morgan

I am installed! The PBS channel has a great picture. Discovery looks great and is 5.1. The HBOs and SHOs are good but not as good as the PBS(some are 5.1 and some are not I guess it depends on the movie). The box is a 3100HD. The box and the remote are $10.15 a month. The DiscoveryHD channel is $5.00 a month. CBSHD and PBSHD are free and HBO and SHO I was already paying for so they do not cost me extra. You do have to have the digital cable. It looks great
    They said ABC, Fox and NBC are pending. They are not sure when they will put them out.
    Channel numbers are:
    700=DiscoveryHD
    710=HBOW
    711=HBOE
    720=SHOW
    721=SHOE
    730=CBSHD
    731=PBSHD

6. Adam Horak

Adam Horak Stunt Coordinator

I envy you guys. My digital cable sucks all ass. Mediacom, Ames, IA by the way. The picture quality is awful. The box has no S-video or components out, only composite. It also only has analong audio out. Bite me Mediacom. I would be on satellite in a second if I wasnt on the wrong side of the apartment building. [​IMG]