What's new

HDTV from analog cable? (1 Viewer)

Richard-Tien

Auditioning
Hi everyone,

I was talking to Comcast today about setting up cable for our newly rented home (reason why I can't use a dish).

She said that it was possible to recieve get HDTV channels even if I subscribe only to the analog cable output and not digital. I would just have to pay an extra 5 dollars for the HDTV STB. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think your cable account would need to be upgraded from the analog package to one of the 3 Digital packages (Silver, Gold, Platinum), in order to be eligible to receive the Motorola STB that's capable of HDTV output (and yes, it costs $5/month for the box's rental).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's technically feasible. Whether Comcast will continue providing it is a different question. Time Warner Cable in New York used to send the HD signals unscrambled across their regular cable feed. Anyone with a decoder could view them. Then they decided to scramble them, so that they are only available to people who sign up for digital cable and use TW's box.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks