What's new

HDTV finally!! (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I finally got my HDTV hooked up... boy what a worthwhile wait! The picture is nothing less than breath-taking! Thanks for all your help to everyone on the board, especially Robert giving me all the info I needed to get the right stuff and get it hooked up.
Got another question now though :) I used the double bow antenna.... got channel 26, CBS in philly.. but that's the only HDTV channel I could get OTA. I know I'm close enough to philly, NJ, and NY channels with a good antenna. Is there a good outdoor antenna that isn't too expensive (under 150) that I can get to hook into my multi-switch (do I need a diplexer) and get alot of those channels?
thanks guys!!
Jim

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Jim, check out this thread, I've posted some links there. My friend has just installed a Channel Master 3020 antenna (~$70 from local Fry's) and it easily pulls in all HDTV channels from San Francisco (about 40 miles from where he lives).

Scott Ellsworth

Auditioning
I have had excellent luck here in Marysville, WA getting the 5 Networks from Seattle with the Channel Master 4228 the 8 bay bow tie antenna. We are about 50+ miles. Signal stregnth on my Dish Net 6000 with module is between 75 & 85.I am running the signal through 2 channel master diplexers (probably would get a stronger signal if I ran straight to the 6000 without diplexers?). And I do not have an unobstructed view towards Seattle. I am waiting for the HOA to squak about an antenna on my roof. But I am ready with info from the FCC web pages.;)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, how big is the 4228 or the other ones? I live in a town house (my deck is facing south) and I don't think I can put anything on the roof becuase of association BS. Are these still options? Does it need open air all around it?

thanks guys,

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks