What's new

HDTV DVD player (1 Viewer)

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
I would want a DVD player that will produce a better picture/sound than your average DVD player for a Sony HDTV.
I guess $500 would be my limit.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Are you looking for something that can upconvert to 1080i? Or just a player that has exceptional 480p output?

I recently got the Pioneer DV-578A for my 55" Mits HD RPTV. Outputs in 480i/480p. It was selling for $141 at Best Buy. It replaced a Panny CP-72. The picture from the Pioneer looks so much better. I'm very happy with the purchase.

If you want something that upconverts to 1080i then please disregard.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I use the Zenith DVB-318, available for $160 at some sources. I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread at 1080i for me. The problem is 4:3 format stuff, just real tough to deal with on it for a lot of HDTV's.

For anything widescreen it is quite good. A lot of people I know that use component video have either already gt theirs or they are ordering one, after see'n it in action on my setup. One of those used a higher end Denon player too.

It does get some mixed reviews though.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
What HDTV do you have?

The Denon 2910 at $679 MSRP(can get it discounted I'm sure) would seem to fit the bill. 8mb buffer for layer changes, SACD, DVD Audio, Upconverts to 720p and 1080I via DVI/HDMI, Faroudja Deinterlacer, amongst other features...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks