What's new

HDTV, DVD, and color help! (1 Viewer)

Okay, I have a Panasonic LCD 22" diagonal Televison. model number TC-22LT1. Currently, my DVD player is the Phillips 727 is hooked up to this television using component cables.

I have never been able to get the colors right on my television. It is either too dark, or washed out. I have bought the DVD Essentials disk, and gone through it numerous times, and cannot find a proper configuration. I believe the reason for this is the cables I am using. They are component cables that came with the TV, but it is not a normal component output. One end is your typical Y, PR, PB jacks that hook into the DVD player, and the other end is a blug that plugs into the component slot of the Television.
So, I have two questions:
1. Are the cables the problem? The ones that cme with the TV look like your normal, cheep cables. But I can't seem to find any cables with this adaptor plug on the end!

2. Should I just look into a better DVD player? I have the phillips 727 on account of it playing al regions.

Thank you for your help!!!
-Charles

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
It is probably not the cables.

LCD screens may appear different depending on whether you are sitting directly in front or off to one side. This makes calibration more difficult.

Your TV might just not have enough range to its controls to achieve proper calibration.

There is never a guarantee that the calibration for the DVD player is the same as and satisfactory for the VCR or for broadcasts.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks