What's new

HDTV DirecTV with a Tivo (1 Viewer)

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard any word about a HD DirecTV receiver with a Tivo unit built in? I'm sure one must be in the pipeline somewhere. If so, when is it due to be released for sale? Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Back in January at the Consumer Electronics Show, DirecTV announced a HD DVR powered by Tivo. Tivo also announced a stand alone HD model. Hopefully both will be ready by the end of the year.

-Robert

Mario_S

Grip
yup, that's the "all-in-one STB" i'm waiting on. currently i have analog cable without a cable box. i do have an hdtv-ready television. the box i want has:

1) directv satellite reception
2) hd directv capability
3) ota hdtv reception
4) ota analog reception
5) dual-tuner tivo capability
6) lots of hard drive space

willing to pay $1K - $1.5K for this unit. once it comes out i'll make the switch to directv and hdtv all in one step. then i'll be able to replace 2 boxes (standalone tivo and vcr) with 1 and have hdtv. i think there are alot of people waiting for this box. let's just hope it happens.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
4) ota analog reception
From the early reports from the people who attended CES and the limited info released about these models, only the stand alone Tivo will have analog reception. The HD DirecTivo will not have any MPEG encoders built in so they will only be able to record DirecTV and OTA ATSC signals. There's a lot of info and speculation over at Tivo Community.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks