What's new

HDTV, Direct TV, DVD & A/V Receiver Connections (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
A friend has a Pioneer PDP 4361 HD TV. TV will be connected to Direct TV, a DVD Player and A/V receiver. Manual says to connect the Cable Box (in this case Direct TV) to the INPUT 1 terminals on the "Media Receiver" (which comes with the TV). Manual also says when connecting a DVD PLAYER use INPUT 1.

Should the connections be as follows:

1. Connect Direct TV to INPUT 1 on the "Media Receiver" (which comes with the TV).
2. Connect the DVD Player to INPUT1 terminals on the Direct TV box.
3. Connect the OPTICAL audio cable from the "Media Receiver" to the A/V receiver.
4. Connect Subwoofer to Sub Out on A/V receiver.

NOTE: Appropriate video cables will be connected to INPUT 1 also.

I will do the connections sometime Monday. I have no idea what the back of the Direct TV box is like at this time as I have Cable in my home.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
That's weird.

Unless the TV is placed far away from the video sources (sat box, dvd player, VCR :eek: :D, etc) why not just use another input for the dvd player? I'll bet that TV must have at least six separate inputs.

And running the dvd player's signal through the sat box might/maybe/possibly cause other problems.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The standard def DirecTV receivers have a S-video, a pair of composite outputs as well as an RF out. Current HD receivers have similar outputs and add component video and HDMI. Older models may vary but they are all similar.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks