What's new

HDTV CRT projector in San Jose - $400 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
EDIT: Projector has been SOLD.

For Sale: my old Electrohome "ECP Graphics" projector. This actually is the model number: there's no "number" in it. This is version of the ECP 4000 that Electrohome produced for "rapid setup". It uses 7" CRTs, all three of which fire through a single lens dichroic "prism-thingie". Inputs are RGBVH, RGBS, composite video. 380 lumens peak light output with image. 3 knob easy Scheimpflug optical focus adjustment. Up to 80 KHz horizontal refresh, 80 MHz video bandwidth, so will display HDTV. Looks really good with doubled DVD or with my RCA DTC-100.

Weight 109 lbs, 41" wide by 27" deep by 11" high.

User-friendly setup of geometry and convergence via menus operated via the remote.

Complete with 2 remotes, homebrew ceiling mount, operators manual and service manual (with complete schematics).

Unit was owned by US Govt., then serviced by Hi-Rez about 4 years ago. These don't have odometers for the CRTs but guesstimate about 3500-4000 hours on CRTs. I have scanned some of the pages from the owners and service manuals into .pdf format and I can email them to you. These pages include specs, unit pictures, how to set the projector up, and convergence and white balance settings.

Terms of Sale: $400 but absolutely NO SHIPPING. Please don't ask. At this price I'm GIVING it away and don't want the hassles of shipping. You must come by for a demo, be satisfied, and haul it away in person. Please contact me via email as I don't monitor this thread very often.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Wow. Sounds like a sweeeet deal. I'd drive down there for it if i was in the market (and i'm in Iowa! :eek: )

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Dennis, can you send me the specs? I'm not really in the market, but... that's never stopped me before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks