What's new

HDTV Cox Cable (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
If anyone in Las Vegas is considering getting HDTV service through Cox Cable, I say go for it. I was skeptical, but it looks excellent. The NBA all stars game Sunday was simply astonishing quality, and the local CBS and ABC stations look great as well. What is up with PBS though? We get a PBS demo channel, but not the local affiliate in HD?

So far, there are nine channels: HBO HD East, HBO HD West, SHOWTIME HD East, SHOWTIME HD West; local CBS, local ABC, PBS Demo, DISCOVERY HD, and another one for special events such as the all star game. The've got channel numbers for local NBC assigned, so hopefully that will follow soon enough.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Actually, I don't know that we are. If you check the LV thread over at AVSForum, Cox, as well as reps from KVBC and KVVU have said they will not be going to HD until they absolutely have to. They may be utlizing the digital channels in Cox's lineup, but it won't be HD feeds. Probably look like the lousy signal KTNV put out before the Super Bowl, which was just the SD feed with black bars on the side.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Pat,
Well, with my recent cable bill, I received an updated channel guide, saying "AS OF MARCH 1ST" with NBCHDTV & FOXHDTV listed.

but I guess we really wont know untill March 1st

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks