1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HDTV Connection

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Gerald LaFrance, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Supporting Actor

Gerald LaFrance
    Hi I am looking into getting HDTV, and the Cable Box I'll be using is the Motorola 6208 and a Sanyo PLV-Z2 Projector.

The Cable box has a DVI-D, and the Projector has a DVI-I connecter, The Cable company said there compatible?? are they?? I dont wanna fry anything.

I am only going to watch HD programs but NOT sure wich connection to use, I am going to have a DVD hooked up using Component.
    I need to know so I will now which Cables to buy.

I could just use component for the HDTV and S Video for the DVD player but I would rather use the DVI& Component, from what I hear DVI is the better connection to use THNX!![​IMG]

2. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

DVI-I combines both digital and analog signals in one socket. Its chief advantage is its versatility. Assuming that the DVI-D connector is even active. and you don't run into any encryption problems, it should provide the sharpest possible picture. Don't worry, you are unlikely to fry anything.