What's new

HDTV & Coax Cable (1 Viewer)

catlover0908

Auditioning
Real Name
Melissa Lapierre
I have a 20 year old television with a Comcast cable box, DVD player, and VCR (don't judge LOL) hooked up through an RF Modulator. It took me forever to hook up the way I want it and now my TV is dying. All I can find in the stores are HDTVs. My cable box is not an HD box and I don't want it anyways.

I *really* want to leave everything hooked up the way it is to the RF Modulator and just add the new TV. Is an HDMI cable completely necessary or can I still use a coaxial cable to connect the RF Modulator to the Cable Output of the HDTV?

I really, really, really don't want to disconnect everything and start over from scratch. I just want to add the new TV.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Goodwill was selling tube TVs for $5 over the weekend.But yes. You can connect any TV that way. Although using the monitor input on the TV for the VCR makes it simple(provided you buy a TV with composite, not just component).I shop GW, cause you never know when they actually have anything good.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
schan1269 said:
Goodwill was selling tube TVs for $5 over the weekend.But yes. You can connect any TV that way. Although using the monitor input on the TV for the VCR makes it simple(provided you buy a TV with composite, not just component).I shop GW, cause you never know when they actually have anything good.
Salvation Army was, too. A really nice looking RCA XL-100 for $5 and another one. Much cleaner looking place than the local Goodwills or the local Abilities Unlimited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks