What's new

HDTV clip of Jennifer Garner from the Oscars (1 Viewer)

KevinYee

Stunt Coordinator
I posted a short clip of Jennifer Garner presenting an award from the Academ Awards show. For those of you who couldn't see it in high definition, this will show you what the broadcast looked and sounded like. My ABC affiliate did broadcast it in 5.1 audio. Enjoy!

HDTV website

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Thanks kevin! I have your site bookmarked, and i knew there would be some OSCAR clips there... Happily, i found you got one of jennifer garner, NICE :D

KevinYee

Stunt Coordinator
Glad you liked it. I just posted another clip from the Grammy's. It's of Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. If I have time, I'll put up more short clips of the Oscars.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
:eek: Good gravy, that was awesome, Kevin! Thanks a lot! I downloaded that VideoLAN software from your website, and I had NO problems with the picture and sound! It won't even load when I change the file extention to .trp and try to open it in WinDVD! My computer specs are pretty "bad":

Pentium 3 1GHz
128MB RAM
WinXP Pro
GeForce2 400

Time to download more HDTV clips! :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
ABC broadcasts all its stuff in 780p while NBC and CBS do 1080i, right? As I said before, I had no problem with the Oscar clip, ditto with the NYPD Blue clip. However, the playback wasn't smooth when I tried to watch the Leno and Grammy clips.

Ike

Screenwriter
Hmm...Bruce clip worked, NYPD clip didn't, downloading the Oscar clip now. Anyone know why one clip would work, and the other wouldn't?

(I changed the extension, and opened it in WINDVD, but same result as using the player on the site-grey screen with sound.)

Man, the Bruce clip looks great!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Hmm...Bruce clip worked, NYPD clip didn't, downloading the Oscar clip now. Anyone know why one clip would work, and the other wouldn't?
I couldn't get the video to display at first (audio worked fine, this is in VideoLAN), but then I right-clicked on the gray picture, went to program, it was set to id 2, and I changed it to id 1.

Ike

Screenwriter
Yep, that did it. Thanks. Watched the NYPD clip, and the Oscar clip, and they both looked stunning. Comparatively, the Bruce clip had lots of jags when there was a lot of movement on screen. Still looked good though.

Thanks for all the work, Kevin. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks