HDTV - Channel Unavailable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Pobuda, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Dave Pobuda

Dave Pobuda Stunt Coordinator

I've lost my local OTA HDTV feed. I have a Mits WT-46809 HDTV and a Mits SR-HD400 HDTV receiver. CBS is my local HDTV source for OTA. I have not been able to get them in for several days now. I have contacted Mits and after an hour on the phone and trying every trick in there bag of tricks...I still get channel unavailable.When I go into the setup menu and go to monitor it shows CBS digital channel 40 at 93 signal strength, but when I tune into that channel I get channel unavailable ! Can anyone help ? Mits says there is nothing more they can do for me.
    Dave[​IMG]

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Dave,

DirecTV sent out a software update for Hughes made recievers on the 22nd and 23rd that is causing loss of locals. Same thing happenned on my Tosh box.

Go to the setup menu and select Installation. Next select Dish Setup.

Under Local Providers, click on Area 1 then clear the zip code. Wait for the receiver to do it's thing, then re-enter the zip code. Now do a new local channel scan. If this doesn't bring back your local HD channels, there is one more thing to try.

Find out the actual channel your local station broadcasts it's HD signal on, and with the channel buttons on your remote and the dash button (or alpha button) enter that channel number, a dash, then 1.

Im my case, my local ABC affilliate, which is UHF channel 30 for it's ntsc broadcast, is actually broadcasting it's HD signal on VHF channel 9. Prior to the glitch, this showed up remapped on my guide as 30-1, and I could tune to it directly by punching 30-1 on the remote.

The glitch eliminated 30-1 from my guide, and gave me a "not available" whenever I tried to tune it with the channel buttons. I punched 9-1 on my remote, the graybar switched to 9-1 for a second, then changed to 30-1 and the HD picture came on and 30-1 re-appeared on my guide.

Hope this works for you.

3. Dave Pobuda

Dave Pobuda Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Steve. I have tried re-adding all my info and even did a hard boot to no avail. But what did do the trick for me was resetting the turbo tune channels. It's a quickie channel list of 9 of your favorite channels. As soon as I reset it......everything was fine.