What's new

HDTV broadcasts (1 Viewer)

James FT

Stunt Coordinator
We receive in Canada the Boston tv station through Bell expresvu satellite HDTV programs on a rotating basis. The programs normally consist of CBS ABC NBC then Fox
Normally the filmed programs are in 16 by 9 but the live programmes such as Jay Lenno and Academy awards golf and sports shows are 4 by 3. This certainly makes a difference to the picture.
Why are the networks broadcasting HDTV in a 4 by 3 aspect ratio which are usually live programmes?
Are they saving money or band width?
Also it is interesting to note that the CBS affiliate in Boston does not broadcast in a Digital Dolby 5,1 but abc does. FOX is a total disaster they broadcast in 480p format which is awful.

Timmy

Stunt Coordinator
Jay Lenno ........ shows are 4 by 3.
Ya' know; I've had my HDTV setup for about 3 months now; only watching CBS and the Dish Network Demo CHannel hdtv programs.
One night last week I decided to stay up late and tune in Leno's Tonite Show; and it was 4:3 on my set as well. I wonder if it is my specific NBC affiliate that's the problem here??????
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks