What's new

HDTV Basics (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I finally got around to getting my Panny 53WX42 last October, but now I'm itching for HDTV. So far I've only been using the TV for DVD presentation, but I yearn for more :)

Any good faqs out there for the basics. I'm sure this question has been answered countless times, but the search feature is disabled due to high server load...

Thx in advance.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
First go to Antennaweb to find out which of your local stations are broadcasting a digital signal and your orientation to their antennas. Second, call your cable company and see if they are carrying HD programming. My local cable company is only carrying HBO-HD and Showtime HD no locals yet. I'm using DirecTV for HBO-HD, Showtime HD, HD-Net and HD-PPV. I have an antenna connected to my sat receiver for my local HD signals. You can get a similar setup with Dish but the programming is slightly different. They have HBO-HD, Showtime HD, HD-PPV, HD demo (may not be available to all locations), Discovery HD (separate $7.99/month subscription) and CBS-HD (in selected markets). Local OTA digital signals can also be picked up with an optional add on module. DirecTV uses one 18"x20" dish while Dish uses a 20" round dish and an 18" round dish.

Any specific questions?

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks