What's new

HDTV Antennas (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I assumed he was getting everything available in the area. So are you Chris?

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Well, I get CBS, NBC and ABC channels in HD. Thats all I remember testing, really all I care about. But I'll check tonight...

Chris Huber

Second Unit
I put this antenna on my non HD tv upstairs, and couldn't recieve station worth anything! Should you be able to use these antennas on non HD content?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Your TV tuner might be set to CATV, in which case you'll have to switch it to AIR to pick up the stations.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on the information provided in your earlier link, it should pick up VHF also. How well? Don't have a clue. I hang our in multiple forums dealing with HD and I have never seen anyone mention this RCA antenna. I use the RS DBT with decent results. It doesn't work well with my NBC so I am upgrading to a massive antenna in the attic. Others I know have great results with this RS antenna.

-Robert

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using the RS Catalog #: 15-1880 as mentioned in the above post. I get great results on the HDTV stations in my area (about 8 miles from the transmitters) but lousy results on SDTV, both VHF and UHF. I'll probably switch to a rooftop antenna combination sometime in the near future since I can't watch ABC MNF on digital (the local ABC affiliate does not have a digital signal here).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks