HDTV and Direct TV or Satellite

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Cerfolio, Dec 24, 2001.

1. David Cerfolio

David Cerfolio Auditioning

I have recently purchased a Pioneer Elite 510 HDTV and now really understand how bad our cable service is. I want to upgrade to some sort of satellite service to get better picture quality and access to HDTV programming. Suggestions on service and receiver????

2. Mike Tondreault

Mike Tondreault Auditioning

I am using a Tosh DST-3000 on a Tosh 50H81 in florida with directv and OTA and am very happy. I ran in to the same problem with first hd set (Tosh 61H70) hooking up to regular cable. The picture was horrible. I called the cable company to move me up on distribution and bought a line cleaner by monster. This helped but ended up switching to satellite. I do keep basic cable because the local channels on directv (normal tv's, not SD through box) are still real bad. They will hopefully fix this with the bird they just launched.

3. JerryLA

JerryLA Stunt Coordinator

David,

I have a Pioneer Elite and DishNetwork. I've been very pleased with the service and quality from both. I'm extremely pleased with the Pioneer. I've only seen a sample of Direct TV and for my money I'd go with Dish. Just a personal choice. My inlaws have Direct and have not been very pleased with the quality of service and product. I think there is a bit more Hd programming on Dish. Check it out.

Jerry