1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HDTV and Comcast in Northern Virginia...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WillY, May 16, 2002.

1. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone relate their experiences with Comcast's HDTV broadcasts? I am moving to Arlington in June, supposedly just in time for Comcast to start transmitting HD through their cable network. I am 99.9% sure I am going to sign up, unless someone here thinks it's not worth it. I don't know any of the details; I've only read the press release from mid March or so. They talked about a June rollout, so hopefully that is still on track. My XBR450 has heretofore been wasted on a DirecTV feed that is split between all the condos in my building (picture quality is horrendous, with no option to upgrade the dish or receiver). I am drooling at the thought of a high def picture, even though I've never even seen one on my specific model TV. For that matter, does anyone have the XBR who actually feeds it a high def signal? Is it a big waste of money for a nice TV to watch DVD's on (like I'm doing now), or is it going to be worth it when I get hooked up?

2. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Can't answer your question but Welcome to Virginia (a little early I know).

3. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

Hey. I have an XBR450 that gets fed alot of OTA HD stuff. It looks great. With that tv, it's a crime not to get HD if it's available. I'm in DC, so if you want to see what it looks like, just let me know.

-Erik