What's new

HDTV and a Sony 36xbr400 (1 Viewer)

Michael_T_Jones

Auditioning
I have the Dish500 setup and the xbr400. I am hearing 2 things about getting the HD signal from Dishnetwork.
I hear that I don't need a set top receiver for the HD, all I will need is the Dish 6000 receiver to hook into the TV and I'll be all set up.
I also am hearing from other people that I DO need a HD receiver to be hooked up in conjunction with the Dish 6000 receiver.
Can you please tell me what is the correct configuration so that I can get hooked up with HD...
Thanks! And sorry, but I tried searching through the forum... It doesn't seem to be working.
Mike

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
With the DISH unit, to get satellite HDTV ... no antenna module is needed for the unit.
To get OTA stuff like PBS/CBS/ABC ...etc ... you need the antenna module for the DISH 6000.
REgards
------------------
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The dish 6000 is an HD/satellite receiver..For the hd programming on dish network nothing else is need except the dish of course...
If you have local HD programing in your area such as your local CBS affiliate, you will also need the separate 8vsb module that plugs into the back of the 6000 receiver for over the air digital/hd channels..You will also need an over the air antenna...
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks