What's new

HDTV 1080i into a Sony VPH-50Q (1 Viewer)

Lee Whitman

Auditioning
I have a 50Q with Sony's internal line doubler, can this projector accept a 1080i signal and what exactly will I have to do to get a picture using the component input. Will the internal line doubler have to be turned off and will the project need to re-converged. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
------------------

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
You may want to ask the question at AVS Forum
There are more CRT projector people that hang out there.
Good Luck.
Eric

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
It's another forum similar to this. Just click on the underlined link in my last post and it will take you there.
Eric

Jay Sulzberg

Auditioning
I have a client with a VPH-D50 and I have used it with 1080i HDTV with both RGB, and component video. First, are you using the RGB input? If your not, you will use this input as either RGBHV (horizontal and vertical sync, using all five BNC's) or HDTV component depending on what kind of output you HDTV tuner has. I'm going to guess that you are going to use the most popular HDTV tuner out right now, the RCA DTC-100. This is what my client has right now. You have to get a "break out" cable to convert the 15-pin VGA output into RGBHV. Then send that into your projector's RGB input. I can't remember if you have to set anything in the projectors menu about this input for using RGB. If you have a component video out, you have to set the input to "component DTV" You will have to do a convergence and sizing for this scan rate and save it into memory. When you switch between the video input and input A for HDTV, you will have to recall the right memory setting.
Good Luck

Lee Whitman

Auditioning
Jay thanks for the info. The convertor I will be using comes from our satelite provider in Canada and it has component outputs. Do I have to turn of the internal line doubler when I use the 1080i component or will it sense the input and bypass the doubler.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks