What's new

HDMI Type A or HDMI Type B or ...? (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Can someone explain these types of HDMI? Are we going to see a bunch of other "types" in the near future? Is HDMI Type C already working? Thanks.

With all these types, one has to be rich to buy a new HDTV unit every time these companies come out with a new type of connector which is not compatible with either A or B. Isn't this getting ridiculous? Shouldn't the government regulate this mess? What's your opinion? Thanks.

Oh I heard that a new technology called UHDMI (Universal-HDMI) will be out soon. (Just kidding here!)

Regards,
orestes
HDMI TUTORIAL
http://www.pacificcable.com/HDMI_Tutorial.htm

Prepare for UHDMI TUTORIAL (coming soon to your wallet near you!)

mylan

Screenwriter
At this point, my display and DVD player have one version, my receiver will have another, and then there is the HD DVR with the "handshake"problem. It is useless to try to keep up.
Outside of compatibility issues, HDMI has always struck me as a bad design. Why did they not include hold-down screws like DVI, I have had a HDMI connection get loose before.

B.T.W. Shouldn't this thread be in another area?

pdb

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul deBruyn
I have a Mits 57" and the HDMI cables are incredibly loose. I have one from the sat box and one from the DVD. I can walk by the TV, tap it with my hand and the HDMI's fall out! Or at least lose the video connection.
I have the Extended Warranty but they said if it was a bad cable they wouldn't cover it. I tested one of the cables on my Sony and it fit snug.
I'm looking for advice here. Do you think the connection in the Mits is bad? If so, the Extened should cover it?
(I apologize if this is in th wrong forum. I'm a newbie).
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks