HDMI switch?? & other questions.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by cboblett, Oct 5, 2006.

1. cboblett

cboblett Auditioning

I recently bought a viewsonic 32" LCD TV. I am a college student, so I bought it to be used as everything (my computer monitor, my tv, hook up dvd players and gaming consoles, ect). It has one HDMI port, one component RGB, and one of just about everything else. I was wondering if there is there some kind of switch that I can use to hook up multiple HDMI and RGB components into so that I wouldn't have to keep unplugging things from my tv inputs (once I mount this baby on the wall, that will be a real pain). I have my computer plugged into the HDMI, I have an xbox 360 in the component RGB, and I plan on eventually getting a playstation 3 which will also need to go in the HDMI. My xbox is the only thing that I have ever come across that uses component RGB, and I was kind of wondering if this is something that we will see more of on newer devices, or if most new high def devices will come with HDMI. I kind of want to prepare for the future, so I want a switch that will handle both component RGB and HDMI, if there is such a thing. I looked on ebay and found separate HDMI and component RGB switches. I would appreciate any suggestions.

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

3. cboblett

cboblett Auditioning

Yea, something like that is what I am looking for. The only problem is that it costs over twice what my tv did. I guess what I am really wondering is what kinds of outputs most new devices are going to have so I can get a splitter for that type. For example, if most new devices are going to have HDMI connectors then all I would need is an HDMI splitter.