What's new

HDMI outputs (1 Viewer)

Emery J

Auditioning
Almost all the receivers/switchers I have been looking at seem to have only one HDMI out. What my future plan would be, is to connect a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSI to both my 57" HD Hitachi projection TV, AND the Optoma HD72 projector that is on my christmas list :).
In both cases, I really would like to have the upscaling of the HDMI connections. I have not been able to find any info on this type of situation. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Emery

Emery J

Auditioning
Thanks for the response Wayne. May be the route I will have to go. Was hoping for the video upscaling on both, but the projector will be of higher importance as far as video. Plan to run the HDMI there, and component to the rear projection tv then. Will do a bit more research on the effectiveness of the upscaler. It may not even be an issue other than an easier cabling setup.

Alowa

Auditioning
Real Name
angelina
There are plenty of reasons to make use of HDMI splitters - take, for example, a grocery store that has four monitors, one facing the customer & the other facing the cashier. Splitters are common in digital signage scenarios, but they may even be helpful for the average home user - for example, I don't have a TV in my shower area, but I would love to watch it while I take a shower or a bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks