What's new

HDMI major problem (1 Viewer)

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
Any help appreciated. My HDMI worked perfect for 1 year and all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried a new dvd player and a new cable but still nothing. I can see the image from the dvd player menu but nothing from any movies except the following. I can play and see/hear movies that are cheaply made that do NOT have DD 5.0 or 5.1 sound but not any that do. This is very weird! All I get is a flashing with any well made movie. Very frustrating to say the least.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Dwayne - please let us know what model DVD Player, Receiver and TV you have, and describe if you are using HDMI switching, or connecting HDMI directly to your TV.

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
HDMI is connected directly to tv. TV is a 51 inch Toshiba model 51HC85 and the dvd player is a Toshiba SD-5980SU. I did try another dvd player with HDMI and a new cable but still the same thing. I checked every setting on both the tv and dvd player but nothing. The problem just appeared out of nowhere. Nothing changed from when it worked and stopped working. Funny how low quality movies may work but not anything of decent quality. A movie that will play is "Safe House" and a movie that will not play is "Ultraviolet" or "Friends tv series" for example. The only difference I can find is the sound.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Sounds like you've isolated the problem down to your TV.. Try connecting the DVD Player via Component cable, and see if you have the same problem.

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
Every other input works fine. I just can't figure out why a few movies will now play through the HDMI but most won't. It makes HDMI useless now.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Last but not least, try connecting the DVD player to another TV. If you encounter no problems with HDMI then you know definitively that the problem is with your TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks