What's new

HDMI Line Problems (1 Viewer)

JVP

Auditioning
Real Name
John Parks
I have a Vizio TV with an HDMI line from my BOSE VS2 splitter to the HDMI input which runs from the built in unit through the wall to the TV mounted on the wall. About three months ago, I lost the video signal. After replacing several lines, a new VS2, etc. I found running an HDMI line from the VS2 to the HDMI input on the TV outside the wall, I get a signal. The only problem is, the wire is in plain sight. So, I assumed it was the HDMI line behind the wall was "bad." It's very difficult to do, but I had a new HDMI line run through the wall and even mounted a new TV and...the same problem happened. NO SIGNAL with the line in the wall, but perfect when I plug an HDMI line in the exact same input on the Bose VS2 and Vizio TV. It's a perfect picture. Is there something going on in the walls? There is some basic wiring in there, but nothing special. The only thing close to the HDMI cable are some Bose speaker wires. Has anyone ever experienced a loss of signal like this and what can I do? I would appreciate any help.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’m guessing your in-wall HDMI cable is too long. Is the cable you’re using directly between the Bose and TV the same length as the one in the wall?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do you use wall plates with plug-in jacks? There could be a bad jack if that is the case...or the above could be true; although, it seems strange that the cable appeared to be working for you up until recently

JVP

Auditioning
Real Name
John Parks
Wayne,
Thank you for your reply. The cable behind the wall is 24' and the temporary cable in front of the fireplace is 15'. I need the extra length to make is reach down through the floor and then back up to the Bose VS2 unit. The previous cable (General Electric) worked fine for three years before the screen just said "No Signal." What really puzzles me is the fact that everything was working fine until a few months ago. Do you think it could be affected by a speaker wire or power line being too close to the HDMI? The HDMI box says it is a shielded cable and it cost me $80, so that should not be the case. I think I know as much about this as anyone that I have spoken to so far. I would hate to pay someone who has no clue and is just going to start charging me as they trouble shot just taking guesses at what the problem is. I need someone with past experience of a similar problem so we can pinpoint the issue and fix it. Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you again!!!
Sincerely,
John

JVP

Auditioning
Real Name
John Parks
Do you use wall plates with plug-in jacks? There could be a bad jack if that is the case...or the above could be true; although, it seems strange that the cable appeared to be working for you up until recently

Thank you for your reply. I do NOT use wall plates since the holes in the wall are all concealed by the TV and wall unit. I posted another reply below. Please take a moment to read it and I appreciate any thoughts that you may have. It's been driving me crazy for days now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks