Hdmi Dvd

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ted_C, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Ted_C

Ted_C Agent

Looking for a DVD player with HDMI. In my search I came accross the LG Model : LST-3510A http://www.lge.com/catalog/prodmodel...&model=NOTHING

It has a dvd player and a HDTV tuner BUT does not have HDMI it has DVI.
    It would be nice to have a box that did it all with HDMI. DVD Player, HDTV Tuner, Digital Video Recorder.

Anyone have any ideas. My search began because I have a Sony VPL HS20 Front Projector on order and I would like to utilize the HDMI input.

2. Ted_C

Ted_C Agent

In the mean time I found this at https://www.audiophilecandy.com/news...e=20&type=info
    It was dated 4/2003
    Right now there are only 6 DVD players with HDMI, the new Pioneer 868 and 686 universal DVD players, the Denon A11, and the Meridian G98, G91DH and 800 series reference transport.

Anyone have anything to say regarding these players or any others that may have come out since then.

3. Ted_C

Ted_C Agent

Anyone.....? Anyone........?

4. Ted_C

Ted_C Agent

Anyone?

5. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

I don't know what else there is in addition to the aforementioned players, but the new Elite flagship DVD player, the DV59-AVi also offers HDMI, as we just got our first HDMI cable in this morning, and we'll be testing out the player tomorrow.

As for an all-in-one unit, I haven't heard much.

6. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Ted,

DVI/HDMI are compatible for video. You can get an appropriate length DVI-> HDMI cable from a number of sources. I have one from Gefen that I'm holding onto until I need it.

Cheers,

7. Mike Capulli

Mike Capulli Stunt Coordinator

Ive recently tested out Samsung's HD931 DVI dvd player on my system. I was impressed with the picture quality, however I was not impressed with the bad audio sync I was having, the over-cropping of the right side of my DVD's (including the entire right borderline of THX's certification intro), and the lack of VCD/SVCD support. The picture quality was awesome, however the player had a very cheap feel to it and had a lack of features.

Ive returned the product and I am hoping that Ill find a better player with DVI because it increases the number of HD inputs on my Hitachi S500 to 3 (2 component and 1 DVI).