What's new

HDMI Cable Quality? (2 Viewers)

manishj15

Auditioning
Real Name
Manish
Hi All,

I just bought a Sharp 42" LCD TV w/1080p. I have a comcast HD cable box and I purchased a 3 foot HDMI cable from RAM Cables. I got the cheapest one they had and it was like 10 bucks. The picture from the cable box to the tv seems kinda fuzzy. I played around with the settings but no improvement. Is it possibly the cable? I was thinking about getting a better quality cable and trying it out. Any thoughts?

troy evans

Screenwriter
Comcast,at least in My area has been known to have problems with there HD and Digital cable boxes.Your best option is to take Your box back to Comcast to get another.Since,that will cost You nothing except a little time,just to see if that's it rather than going out and purchasing any new Hdmi cables first.Good Luck!Hope this helps.

Benpax

Auditioning
Real Name
BENJAMIN PEACE
I run A $5 HDMI cable from my box. My cable company is phasing out the Motorola boxes and going with Pace cable boxes. The Motorola box I had with HDMI did not work right once I switched boxes the digital channels were poor at times but the HD channels were money. I would not run out and spend $100+ on a HDMI cable its just not worth it. I have 2 $100 HDMI and 1 $5 HDMI and I can't tell a difference when I switch them around. But of course some would debate my claim.

manishj15

Auditioning
Real Name
Manish
thanks for the replies. thats what i figured but wanted to confirm before i returned these cables. thanks again.

dsf3g

Auditioning
Real Name
David Flores
HDMI is a digital format. I seriously doubt you'll see much degradation in quality based on cable shielding on anything but a very long run.

shingdaz

Grip
Real Name
Peter
As mentioned above...its more likely to be your cable box acting up...I'm using a $10 HDMI cable to my lcd and the picture quality is flawless...any degradation in quality will not be bluntly obervable...but there could be differences pointed out when using a Video Calibrating DVD etc...somthing we don't see when watching a movie etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks