What's new

HDMI cable 20-25 feet long? $$ (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
When I get my Sony BDP-S550 player, I'll need an HDMI cable around 20-25 foot long. They are about $129. anyone know of a good place I can buy one at for less?

Thanks
Troy.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Go to monoprice.com Troy. I got a 20 ft HDMI from them for I think $35-$45. And these a quality cables. Very well made. I highly recommend them.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
I've had great luck with the 35-footer I bought from Monoprice a couple of years ago (thank goodness -- it's routed through a conduit above my basement ceiling).

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Wow guys thanks for the awesome information. This is all the info. I need.
I appreciate it!

T r o y

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
No argument with Monoprice, but I do like to promote Blue Jeans, as his prices for HDMI are pretty competitive with Monoprice, but more imprtantly, BJ's has stood up to Monster when they launched one of their many frivolous law suits against BJ.

Brian

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I guess my last question is , does anyone know if the S550 has a female or male connection for the HDMI?
I believe my MITSUBISHI HC-1500 has a male connection.

I'm getting ahead of myself here but I'd like to pre-order my cable now before I get my player .

Troy

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

I am pretty sure that all your gear has Female HDMI sockets, which will require cables with Male HDMI plugs on each end.

While I am sure they exist, I am not sure that I have seen a M to F HDMI cable; they are most always M to M.

Brian

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Yeah that's what the guys over at Monoprice was telling me also.
Thanks alot for confirming this.

Th.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Ralphie_B :

Are you taking advantage of the blu-ray high res audio tracks? How do they sound compared to standard dvd 5.1 ?

Thanks
TroyH

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
Dolby TrueHD yes, DTS-HD MA no. My Blu-Ray player does not decode DTS-HD MA internally, and my receiver doesn't decode either high-res audio format. So I decode in the player, which is fine for TrueHD but means I have to live with the 'core' for DTS-HD (which actually still sounds quite good). I have yet to run across an HD-DVD with a DTS-HD MA track.

I haven't really AB compared between high-res and standard DD/DTS audio, so I don't know that I can say how much better they are. But I can definitely say that TrueHD, and also Dolby Digital Plus and the DTS-HD 'core,' all sound very good to my ears.

Maybe someone in here who has done some comparisons could chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks