What's new

HDCP passthrough issue? (1 Viewer)

Nosmo Rex

Auditioning
Real Name
John Lewis
I don't know if this is an Xbox or receiver or TV or STB issue, but I'll start here. I am trying to take advantage of the Xbox One's ability to accept content from an STB via the HDMI input.

I connected the HDMI out on the STB to the HDMI in on my Xbox One. The Xbox One is connected to my Onkyo (HT-RC330) receiver via HDMI. The Onkyo Receiver sends the video to my Insignia TV through its HDMI out. (STB -> Xbox One -> Onkyo Receiver -> Insignia TV)

After connecting the STB to the Xbox One (and running through the guided setup), I will get a signal for a minute or so, the a banner will pop up on the TV output with the following message:

"The HD Content Protection of your Repeater has been compromised. All devices connected to the repeater will not be authorized to receive video over the digital link"

This banner appears in the windowed view of the TV app on my Xbox One, so it feels like there some some handshake/negotiation between the XB1 and STB that is failing.

If I bypass the Xbox One and plug the STB directly into the Onkyo receiver (STB -> Onyko Receiver -> TV), the signal passes through fine. If I connect the STB directly to the TV (STB -> TV), it works fine. I tried STB -> Xbox One -> TV (removed receiver) and the banner went away.

I tried swapping the HDMI cables around (some might not be the highest quality). It feels like there is some latency somewhere in the HDMI stream.

I have successfully connected my HD Tivo to another Xbox One in my home using other AV equipment.

My feeling is the Onkyo HT-RC330 isn't passing the data cleanly somehow or is limited in some way. Can someone comment on this and make any recommendations? I'm willing to invest in a new (budget) receiver if I can have some level of confidence that I can identify the requirements correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks