What's new

HDCP has already been cracked! (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Fair use clearly permits of such things as screen shots for comment and criticism, which is exactly what a review site does. There's no copyright issue whatsoever that I see with DVD Beaver.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
I think he might've been referring to certain claims regarding Gary's IRL behavior that have been levelled against him at other forums.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Personally I think they need to get ahold of Phil Zimmermann and have him write a 1024 bit encryption for them. Or..they could just keep the prices down to take out the incentive to copy them in the first place.

Parker

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member

Then he shouldn't have gone after DVD Beaver as being an example of copyright infringement, he should have gone after Gary.

Mike Schmitt

Auditioning
digital copy protection is flawed in principle and in execution; it is clearly too easy to hack / workaround, and in reality, in a fair market with reasonable prices it wouldn't be needed. there are pretty damn easy ways of pirating or copying DVDs now, but is the DVD industry hurting? course not. plus, if people are all that bent on "owning without buying", you know they'll just buy a camcorder copy or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks