What's new

HDCP, ACTIVATED! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wondertwins power, ACTIVATE! :D

With the rumors of new quad core CPUS and chipsets (Nehalem?) potentially making their way into the iMac refresh, which will probably come around Macworld Expo 2009 (January 5-9, 2009), I really hope Blu becomes an option soon. I just built a screaming new PC box but if BD were on an iMac, as well as quad core and faster RAM/FSB, I'd probably spring for one and run it in parallel with my Vista box. I could use my Vista box for gaming and Office/Outlook/work use, and then upgrade to CS4 for OSX and use the iMac and MBP for all my creative/artistic programs.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yep, i bought a i7 Dell XPS to game on but I really want to move from my photo work from my iMac to a MacPro, but no way am I doing that pre-Blu.

Sam

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I just gotten bitten by this trying to play a newly purchased from iTunes HD episode of Castle from my new Mac Pro over DVI to an Apple Cinema Display. Denied.

Way to screw your paying customers guys! When Hollywood wonders why it has a bootlegging problem, this is exhibit A. If you buy it, it doesn't play. Think I'll keep buying from you? Of course HDCP is a form of copy protection stops no "pirate" known to man -- they simply copy DVDs or BDs, or for TV show record HDTV broadcasts (which happens to be perfectly legal)!

Anyway, I am planning to upgrade my 6 year old ACD soon, but in the mean time I'm massively annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks