What's new

HD WS Direct Views 38 inch+ (1 Viewer)

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
All I know of that are 38+ inches is the RCA.
Are there any other 38+ inch HD WS direct views on the market or comming out?

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
The May/June issue of The Perfect Vision has a review of the Loewe Aconda 38" widescreen. They gave it pretty good marks... it goes for $5000 US for the graphite model, or $5500 if you want it in piano black or stratosmetallic.
Let me know if you want more details (but don't ask me to type out the whole 3 page review! ;) )
Cheers,
Ryan

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Dean

The ProScan line was folded into the RCA line 6 months ago. The Aconda uses the exact same picture tube as the RCA. Whether the Loewe is worth twice as much as the RCA only you can answer. Don't expect any larger wide screen tubes any time soon. The other consideration is the 40 inch Sony XBR700. It gives about a 37 inch 16:9 image and has gotten rave reviews. I would probably buy an extended warranty with any of these sets.

Michael Lomker

Stunt Coordinator
If you've seen both the RCA and the Loewe you would be surprised that they use the same tube. There really isn't any comparison...the Loewe is stunning.

The RCA is junk: one of the local dealers has one with a screwed up picture and another that doesn't power on. I wouldn't even consider it if I were you.

I ended up going with a 34" model because the Loewe is out of my price range. I'm happy with my Panny so far...I'm sure it'll be much better after Friday when the ISF guy stops by. The black level is way off on my set and the user controls don't have much adjustment. Not really an issue, because at this price level you should really be having your set professionally adjusted anyway.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
A little note: ProScan has actually been folded not into RCA, but repackaged as the Scenium line.

Agreed about the 38-inch RCA: I've heard nothing but horror stories about it. And I've seen it and the Loewe Acondo playing in the same showroom. The Loewe wins hands down. No comparison, even after I tweaked both sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks