What's new

HD tuner to Sony Wega help. (1 Viewer)

JeffLab

Stunt Coordinator
Hey folks, I have a rather obscure question to ask, concerning my TV setup. I have a Sony KF50WE620, and have hooked up a Pace 550 HD cable box. What I would like to do, is to control the Pace tuner through the Sony remote. Unfortunately, in the user manual, there are no codes listed for that make of cable box.

Anyone else have any experience or input with this combination? I am aware that there very well may be no code for this combination, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jeff

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
First of all try every code in the book since the name on the box may not have any relationship to the actual manufacturer.
Looking at the manual , their code selection seems 3 or 4 years out of date (at best). Most universals don't have any of the codes either. You could use a universal learning remote if you had a relatively small number of keys to add (15-25 total). You would probably need to learn some of the unusual TV commands also (like Picture with Picture).

If you enjoy experimenting you could explore the world of JP1 remotes. You could create custom command sets that could control all your devices correctly with a single $25 remote but there is a steep learning curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks