What's new

HD Tivo (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Welch

Agent
I currently aam using Hughes HD Tivo and was wondering, of the people out there using this product, how is it connected to you television.i would like to use usb, or HIMI(?) cables but my misubishi rear projection tv only has IEEE recepticales for upgraded cables, what is everyone in here using? is the a cable out threr that has one engd one and the other end diff. so that it could be more usefull to me?
Thanks,
K~`

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
You will need to use component video cables for the best connection. I do not know your set, but it sounds like one of the earlier Mitsubishi's with only a Firewire digital in, plus the normal complement of analog connections.

You can not use the HDMI out of the Tivo, since the set can not accept it.

Having said that, didn't Mitsubishi have some sort of upgrade-ability guaranty for future connectivity options? Don't know squat about that, but maybe something to look at.

Having said all that, a component connection can look as good if not better than a digital connection...it all depends on the set.

BGL

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hopefully you mean HDMI. If your receiver was built before Nov. 22, it may have the HDMI bug.

-Robert

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They already have. They were introduced at $999. This fall, most online retailers had them for around $870.

-Robert

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I just picked up my unit. I'm using the component, and it looks great!!!

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

I paid $879 shipped, and depending on how long you have been a D* customer, you can get a credit to help offset the damage. I received $250 hardware credit and over $200 in programming credits just by calling customer retention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks