What's new

HD Tivo image quality on 4K television set (1 Viewer)

Greg Lovern

Stunt Coordinator
We've had our Tivo Roamio Plus since 2015, watching it on an HD DLP TV, and all was well. Recently we upgraded the TV to a 4K model, the new Sanyo FW65R70F. On the new TV, streamed HD content upscaled to 4K looks great, and blu-ray disks in our old blu-ray player (we still don't have a 4K disk player) upscaled to 4K look great too.

In both cases, HD content upscaled to 4K looks a little better than it did on the similarly-sized HD TV, though it doesn't look as amazing and detailed as native 4K streamed content.

But Tivo HD content actually looks slightly WORSE than it did on the old TV. It looks more saturated to my eyes, but turning down the contrast for it on the TV's settings didn't help. I don't see any settings for that on the Tivo.

I tried switching inputs and cables between the Tivo and the blu-ray player; that made no difference.

So everything looks better on the new 4K TV except Tivo content. Any suggestions on why that might be, and what I can do about it short of upgrading to a 4K Tivo?

David Norman

Premium
I guess I'd try to change the VIDEO OUTPUT signal and see if that helps. If it's set to auto possible try forcing it to a different output. If it's already on a fixed resolution, try auto.

Short of suggesting bumping to a Bolt level with can output an upscaled signal I'm not sure exactly what else to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyCookie