What's new

HD, the #1 cause of Male Baldness! Remember the simple, old SDTV days? (1 Viewer)

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
Day 1. With a full head of hair, I one day decide I want to make the plunge into HD! So I jump on the net and look for deals. As I type I notice a few strands of hair on my keyboard, I flick them aside as I continue my self taught HD education.

Day 2 thru 795. I keep looking for a deal on a TV. I have come across a few, but just before I make my purchase I read news of new display technology and decide to wait till it comes out. I sweep away some of my hair that has fallen on the floor around me as I contemplate waiting until Organic LED displays hit the market!!

Day 796. A friends marital loss is my gain, and my gain is a 32" JVC LCD. I look in the mirror and notice NEW hair growth!! Granted, it's all white but it is new! (OK, it's just a single strand, but let that sucker get long enough and use a little dye and I can wrap that thing around my head and have full head of hair...hair being in the singular, not plural).

Day 797. I find I need a tuner for my basic cable. I find I need a tuner for over the air HD. I find that if I want satellite I'll need a receiver as well as a tuner for HD. I find that that little white hair has just fallen.

Day 798. I make the discovery that I'll have to constantly switch video sources between OTA HD and Satellite. I sigh and finish waxing the shiny dome I call my head, then I suddenly feel a tickle in my nose, one of the last body parts I posses that still has any hair, and by analizing the hair that falls out of it, I discover that nose hair can indeed grow over one inch long!!

Day 799 to Present. I spend most of my TV viewing time eating breakfast in my kitchen watching a portable black and white TV. The simplicity is blissfull! Then one day my girlfriend hears the phone ring and in a rush to pick it up, accidentally breaks the antenna...I immediatley feel the tingle of my scrotum going bald as the picture goes to "snow"!!!

John S

Senior HTF Member
The people that knew me would just yell "Just buy a darn TV already!!!" I guess I was more than a little preoccupied with the choice for about 4 months. :)

Users who are viewing this thread